We couldn’t wait to tune in on Tuesday night for Season 2 of Spike TV’s Auction Hunters, which debuted this week. The popular television show filmed at multiple Life Storage locations last February to showcase the lucrative and often cutthroat world of storage-unit auctions. While we were crushed not to be in the first episode, our secret Spike TV sources tell us that we’ll be featured on episodes in season two – so mark your calendars for the newest episodes off Auction Hunters on Spike TV!
Auction Hunters First Look – Watch Act One Of The Season 2 Premiere
Tags: Auction Hunters First Look – Watch Act One Of The Season 2 Premiere
People love Auction Hunters because it’s so fun to see what “buried treasure” might lie beneath all the clutter and junk in abandoned storage units when they come up for auction. Every year in America, 50,000 storage facilities hold auctions for abandoned storage units where over $1 billion worth of goods changes hands. Life Storage holds auctions every month.
This season Auction Hunters s uncover high-valued items including a Winchester model 1912 shotgun valued at $1,500 and the exact scale remote control replica of a $3,000,000 luxury Viper Fan Jet plane valued at $11,500.
If you think you want to try your hand at “flipping” storage units, host Allen Haff has some tips for you:
- Only bring the amount of cash you can afford to lose.
- Keep your mouth shut the first few times out. Study. Pay attention to the way bidding works.
- Guess what a unit will go for (and keep that guess to yourself). Once you’re close to the winning bid, you’re close to being ready.
- Never spend more than what you see at the door. In other words, bid on what you see. You never know what will be in those boxes.
- Most importantly, buy what you love. “You’ve gotta love a product to sell it,” Allen recommends.
Ton also has advice for both first-timers or seasoned auction hunters: “Space is money. Time is money. Money is money.” Auction winners aren’t just paying for the stuff in the unit; they’re essentially paying for the time to sort through it, too.
Check out Auction Hunters at 9:00pm Central each Tuesday night. LifeStorage will be featured in season two episodes. Fans can also connect to the series via the official Auction Hunters Facebook page, or follow the show on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.